An Inevitable End


It's almost three weeks since I celebrated turning the big 4 - 0. Part of me still doesn't believe it. I'm 40. Me! 40!

I never felt a connection to any birthday or age, and milestones that impacted others came and went for me.

Somehow, I knew turning 40 would -- or should -- be different. I saw how so many others were effected by this change in demographic group. And, I was mesmerized by the questions and comments that came my way for more than a year.
  • How will I celebrate?
  • Am I looking to make any changes in my life?
  • What am I feeling?
  • Do I have any regrets? 

As I approached the big 4 - 0, I enjoyed sharing my journey with you. Writing this blog was one of the greatest gifts I gave myself in recent years.

I want to thank you all for being part of my extraordinary experience. Your encouragement and support was appreciated every step of the way.

Within a week, I will publish what I believe will be my last post to Countdown to 40, including results to the Countdown to 40 Make a Difference Drive and details of my new blog. Yes, I will be launching a new blog as I close this chapter of my life and begin my next.

So, stay tuned . . . Details are on the way.